- SITE SECURITY
- You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this Site. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. We will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the Site include without limitation;
- logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of any system or network, or attempting to do so;
- tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
- transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, malware, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer’s functionality or the operation of the Site;
- interfering with service to, or engaging in any denial of service attack of, the Site, any user, host or network including, without limitation by means of overburdening or “flooding,” any computer system.
- OTHER PROHIBITED ACTIVITY
In using this Site, you must not:
- post, send or otherwise transmit to or through the Site any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, racist, violent, immoral, religiously offensive, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of or in breach of another person’s privacy or other rights or any material that Astron Energy in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on the Site;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload or otherwise make available, files that contain images, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright, patents, designs or trademark laws and rights of confidentiality, publicity and privacy unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary authorizations to do the same;
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- engage in deceptive online marketing;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- or assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above;
- USER SUBMISSIONS
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using the Site. You are responsible for any material you place on or transmit to or through the Site. You agree, represent and warrant that any information you post to or transmit through the Site is truthful, accurate, complete, not misleading and offered in good faith, and that you have the right to post or transmit such information. Such information (including without limitation, data, text, software, graphics or any other materials whatsoever), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility.
- UNSOLICITED IDEAS
Astron Energy does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new promotions, products, technologies, or processes. You must not transmit any material or information to or through this Site that is confidential or proprietary. Any material or information that you transmit to or through this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. This policy serves to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes regarding ownership of ideas. Except as expressly provided in Astron Energy’s Privacy Statement or separate written agreement between you and Astron Energy, you give Astron Energy an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, display, publicly perform, communicate, transit and distribute such material and information. You further agree that Astron Energy has the right to use, without any payment or accounting to you or others, any concepts, know-how or ideas that you (and those who act on your behalf) transmit to or through this Site.
All trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names, whether registered or unregistered, are proprietary to Astron Energy or to other companies where so indicated. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names without the prior written consent of the appropriate owner thereof.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
As you view this Site, you will notice links to other non-Astron Energy web sites. These links are for convenience only. Certain of these linked Web sites may make use of Astron Energy proprietary intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names) under license from Astron Energy. Astron Energy is not responsible for the availability or content of these sites or for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party website or for any products or services offered by such third party website. In addition, providing links to these sites should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by Astron Energy of the organizations sponsoring the sites or their products or services.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
This Site is controlled and operated by Astron Energy from its offices within South Africa. Astron Energy makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- CHANGES & DISCONTINUANCE
Astron Energy as owner of this Site may at any time without notice change, discontinue or remove any part or all of this Site, or discontinue access in respect of one or more geographical regions or terminate any one or more user’s access to this Site.
The materials in this Site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Astron Energy disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Astron Energy does not warrant that access to this Site or to the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Astron Energy does not make any representations or warranties regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of some or all implied warranties, so to the extent that such laws are applicable, part or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Astron Energy be liable for any compensatory, punitive, indirect, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this Site, even if Astron Energy or a Astron Energy authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, and so to that extent the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall Astron Energy’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you to Astron Energy, if any, for using this Site.
- DISCLOSURE; PRODUCTS & FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This Site contains information on products and services of Astron Energy and its related entities. While Astron Energy tries to ensure that all information on this Site is accurate and current at the time of posting, all information on Astron Energy’s products and services on this Site should not be relied on as definitive, final, current or complete, and you agree to contact Astron Energy directly for more detailed and updated information on its products and services instead of placing any reliance on any product or service information on this Site.
The information and data contained in this Site are of a general nature which have not been verified, considered or assessed by Astron Energy in relation to the making of any specific investment, business or commercial decision. You should at all times consult your professional advisers and obtain independent verification of the information and data contained herein before making any decision based on any such information or data.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT RELEVANT TO FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF “SAFE HARBOR” PROVISIONS OF THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995
This Web site contains forward-looking statements relating to Astron Energy’s operations that are based on management’s current expectations, estimates and projections about the petroleum, chemicals and other energy-related industries. Words such as “anticipates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “targets,” “forecasts,” “projects,” “believes,” “seeks,” “schedules,” “estimates,” “may,” “could,” “budgets,” “outlook” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond the company’s control and are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements. The reader should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this report. Unless legally required, Astron Energy undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are: changing crude oil and natural gas prices; changing refining, marketing and chemicals margins; actions of competitors or regulators; timing of exploration expenses; timing of crude oil liftings; the competitiveness of alternate-energy sources or product substitutes; technological developments; the results of operations and financial condition of equity affiliates; the inability or failure of the company’s joint-venture partners to fund their share of operations and development activities; the potential failure to achieve expected net production from existing and future crude oil and natural gas development projects; potential delays in the development, construction or start-up of planned projects; the potential disruption or interruption of the company’s production or manufacturing facilities or delivery/transportation networks due to war, accidents, political events, civil unrest, severe weather, other natural or human factors, or crude oil production quotas that might be imposed by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; the potential liability for remedial actions or assessments under existing or future environmental regulations and litigation; significant investment or product changes required by existing or future environmental statutes, regulations and litigation; the potential liability resulting from other pending or future litigation; the company’s future acquisition or disposition of assets and gains and losses from asset dispositions or impairments; government-mandated sales, divestitures, recapitalizations, industry-specific taxes, changes in fiscal terms or restrictions on scope of company operations; foreign currency movements compared with the U.S. dollar; and the effects of changed accounting rules under generally accepted accounting principles promulgated by rule-setting bodies. In addition, such results could be affected by general domestic and international economic and political conditions. Other unpredictable or unknown factors not discussed could also have material adverse effects on forward-looking statements.
As used throughout this Site, the term “Astron Energy” and such terms as “the company,” “the corporation,” “our,” “we” and “us” may refer to one or more or all of Astron Energy Pty. Ltd. and the Astron Energy group of companies. All of these terms are used for convenience only and are not intended as a precise designation of any of the separate companies, each of which manages its own affairs.